Supervisor - Feeder Design Team
Supervisor – Feeder Design Team
At Prodieco we are dedicated to designing & manufacturing high performance Blister Tooling and advanced engineering solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Quality, precision and a passion to exceed our customers’ expectations, drives everything we do.
Our ethos is simple: there is always a better way. You will see this in our continuous drive for internal process improvement but more importantly in the dedication to enhance every tool design to produce the perfect blister pack.
Pride, dedication and an unwavering commitment to perfection are at the heart of what we do.
When you join us at our home in Cookstown, you are joining some of the most talented craftspeople and engineers in the world. We are looking for people who will help shape the next chapter of the Prodieco story. From the engineering design office to the workshop floor, we are a close team united by one desire: working to provide a service that is second to none. Our passion inspires people to join, and makes them want to stay.
We look for hard-working team players who are responsible, honest and able to be creative when faced with challenge. Crafting our world renowned tooling requires flawless attention to detail, which should follow through in everything that you do. To help you achieve your best, we provide many ways for you to develop and grow, supported by an attractive benefits package and a great working environment.
Our state of the art production facility operates as an exemplar of LEAN manufacturing in operation. From material sourcing and selection to high speed engineering equipment, the pursuit excellence runs through our operations.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Feeder Design Team
- Lead the team to deliver a number of design projects through the process from pre-design to post-design checking and review.
- Ensure productivity targets are delivered, through stringent planning and tracking of design approach.
- Ensure on-time-delivery (OTD) of design work to ensure Prodieco meets its customer commitments and maintains its benchmark delivery lead times
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to raise individual and team capability.
- Work closely with Technical team to ensure all inputs required to the design process are available and correct.
- Complete technical reviews of completed projects
- Liaise with Sales, and directly with customers when required to gather information necessary in order to ensure right-first-time design work.
- Continuously improve the feeder design process based on best practice and standards.
- Carry out projects to achieve advanced levels of design automation using packages such as e.g. Driveworks to yield productivity improvements.
- Conduct regular performance review meetings with the Design team to track progress against a defined set of performance KPIs.
- Ensure that quality related non-conformances from both external customers and internal departments (e.g. Manufacturing) are actioned and closed-out in a timely manner
- Ensure a customer centric culture within the team.
- Initiate studies and projects to continuously enhance the capability of the feeder team
- Be a role model in the group for Prodieco’s values
Key Performance indicators
- Productivity of design team
- On-time-delivery of design work
- Right first time % of assemblies delivered to customer site
- Innovation – # of new projects and efficiencies achieved
- Development of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; with experience in a complex design engineering role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of leading a team within a Design or Engineering function.
- High level of proficiency in CAD software; Solidworks, would be advantageous
- Project management skills either acquired through professional qualification and/or extensive on the job experience
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
- Proven ability to drive a culture of accountability within the team and live / develop clear standards
- Strong passion for continuous improvement and a proven ability to execute projects to achieve significant benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of dealing with people/customers from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create a participative, inclusive and involved environment.
- High level of tenacity and ability to work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills, with the ability to apply a systematic and logical approach when organising workload and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, manage timelines and set priorities for others and delegate work
- Detail orientated, with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and able to deal with challenging situations.
- Excellent customer awareness & focus
Excellent package for the successful candidate. Salary DOE.
We manage our recruitment process in line with General Data Protection Regulations. For more information on your data protection rights please view our privacy statement http://www.prodieco.com/terms-conditions/
Prodieco is an equal opportunities employer
To view position on LinkedIn & apply just click here.