The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading and managing the end to end manufacturing processes, ensuring all sub functions are highly efficient, and leading a highly engaged team. The Manufacturing Manager will report directly to the Operations Director, and work closely with other department managers to ensure Prodieco delivery high quality products and services to our global customer base.
- Productivity – Oversee daily productivity, ensuring on time delivery, cost effective delivery of the production schedule. Monitor, track and improve daily, weekly and quarterly production KPIs.
- Quality – Ensure quality metrics are achieved and quality standards are clear, understood and maintained.
- Continuous improvement : Actively manage projects to drive culture of innovation and continuous improvement through the department, to deliver year on year efficiency improvements
- Engagement and Enablement: Lead the function and direct reports to ensure we have a highly effective workforce who are aligned to the company goals. Manage development and training of the team to ensure employees are highly skilled and achieving their potential. Devise and implement initiatives to ensure high levels of retention.
- Communication: Communicate effectively across the department and across functions. Ensure employees are informed, engage and are clear on the company’s strategy, goals and objectives.
- Planning: Set the operational plan for department and manage effectively delivery of this.
Ensure resource, capital and manpower plans are in place for future growth
- Cost control: Manage and control to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Stakeholder management: Interface with Design, Quality, Assembly & Testing and Sales functions to ensure production lead times and quality standards are met
- An experienced manufacturing / operations manager, ideally with an engineering background
- Experience of leading and developing large teams, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience / qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects.
- High problem solving capabilities.
- A highly effective communicator and motivator
- Experience working in a high paced dynamic environment