Fantastic opportunity to complete a paid Toolmaker Apprenticeship with Prodieco
Prodieco is a world class precision engineering company dedicated to designing, manufacturing and delivering high performance blister tooling and advanced engineering solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Our extremely skilled and qualified professionals are focused on designing, manufacturing and delivering highly engineered products. We value, high quality, high performance, and consistently work hard to maintain that dedicated focus to produce high performing blister format size parts for the global pharmaceutical industry.
We are currently seeking apprentices to join the team
On successful completion of this four year Toolmaking apprenticeship, you will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Toolmaking.
The apprenticeship consists of four paid ‘on-the-job’ phases working full time in Prodieco and three ‘off-the-job phases’ in an educational organisation. Apprentices will be invited to attend their off-the-job training phases in accordance with the SOLAS scheduling system.
As an apprentice Toolmaker you will be responsible for producing and maintaining precision tools used in the production of metal, plastic and other materials of all shapes and sizes. Your work will also involve interpreting mechanical drawings and technical data to machine and assemble with great accuracy – jigs, fixtures, moulding tools, dies and punches. Care and attention to detail and high precision are the hallmark of Toolmaking. The use of lathe, milling machine, drilling and spark erosion equipment are the key skills, as are the use of precision, marking out and measuring tools. At the end of the apprenticeship you will also be able to demonstrate competence in the following:
- Reading and application of technical documentation
- Determine work stages, tools and methods
- Mark out of workpieces using various measuring equipment
- Make and repair cutting and punching tools/fittings, jigs, fixtures and dies/fittings
- Fit and assemble the necessary tool parts
- Use appropriate hand tools and machine tools
- Check work performance using appropriate measuring equipment
- Service and maintain relevant equipment
- Manufacture components by hand machining (turning, milling, grinding, boring) and fabricating Collecting technical data on work processes and results
Additional skills that will also be obtained during the apprenticeship:
- CNC machining
- Wire erosion
- Coordination measuring machines
- Surface texture assessment
- The minimum age at which the employment of an apprentice may commence is 16 years of age.
- The minimum educational requirements are:
- Grade D in five subjects in the Department of Education & Skills Junior Certificate Examination or an approved equivalent or
- The successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course or
- Three years’ work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated
- Industrial activity as SOLAS is also counted towards the entry requirements
- Experience of the following subjects would be an advantage but not essential: Metalwork, Physics, Engineering, Technology, Mathematics and Technical Drawing/Graphics
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this apprenticeship please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application for Fitter Apprenticeship’. The closing date for applications is Sunday the 3rd of March, 2019.
Prodieco is an equal opportunities employer.