Prodieco provides an unrivalled customer service with an astute staff of ten, trained to offer detail quotations within 24 hours of an enquiry being made, with a detailed 3D pack layout drawing following within another 24 hours. In addition a tooling matrix to show format sharing optimisation is available.
For every blister card designed by Prodieco immense consideration is given to the parameters and limitations presented by the blister machine, feeding method, blister material, product shape and tooling optimisation to produce the most reliable blister with the best possible production output.
To assist in the decision making process we offer a 3D rapid prototyping service. This allows the customer to physically handle a replica of their finished blister prior to ordering tooling. They are an excellent communication tool between Prodieco and the customer, and within the customer’s organisation.
Prodieco offer a blister tooling rationalisation service to streamline the production process across multiple lines and machines. The aim is to have a standard card size across a large range of products, and assess which product could share the same cavity leading to further optimisation of the packaging process.
The cost saving from undertaking a rationalisation project can be up to 75% across multiple blister lines.
The rationalisation process takes the following steps:
- 1. Identify the various product types and group them into separate categories.
- 2. From these groups; categorise the product that can share the same cavity, and then design cavities around this grouping.
- 3. Standardise the card sizes by taking into consideration: Tablet Count, Current Card Sizes, Size & Shape of Cavity, Feeding Method, Machine Limitations and Greatest Production Output.
- Communication with customer through weekly updates and clarity on upcoming projects.
- All required information on product, machine, etc is available at enquiry stage.
- Pack layout drawing approval.
- Sample product for measuring and bulk product for feeder testing is provided.
- Planned maintenance activity for refurbishment of perforation tools and cutting tools.