The Assembly and Testing manager reports directly to the Head of Manufacturing and works closely with other functional leaders in the company, including those in Design, Quality, and Manufacturing & Sales. The manager will oversee both the assembly and testing functions within the company and will provide direction to a team of 20.
- Plan and coordinate the team, including Toolmakers, Fitters, Test Engineers and Despatch coordinators, by providing clear objectives and role modelling the Prodieco values.
- Give clear direction on approach and targets, ensure productivity and quality targets are being met
- Anticipate and understand the needs of customers, both internal and external
- Drive the a quality culture through action, investigation and close-out of quality issues
- Expect high standards, challenge poor performance
- Implement plans with commitment, insistence and discipline
- Actively support company initiatives and direction
- Engage the team in a collective vision, providing clarity, and direction
- Take a systematic approach to creating a high performing team
- Ensure the team are engaged and motivated by providing daily feedback and coaching and direction.
- Ensure the team are informed through regular, appropriate communication. Create opportunities for feedback and discussion
- Ensure the team are enabled and have the tools, direction and skills required to do carry out their role to the standards required.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration by working closely with the other departments and ensuring key stakeholders are working together to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Identify and support, individual and team training & development needs
- Develop and deliver a training and development plan to support the team to achieve their potential; providing on the job coaching and mentoring where required.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment, encouraging high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit
- Manage the Assembly and Testing Function, associated processes and team by leading and co-ordinating the day to day work of a team
- Plan, co coordinate and track tool test schedules, ensuring adherence to standards & processes
- Deliver the objectives set for the department. Set the targets, goals and objectives for the department, establishing appropriate KPI’s
- Set clear expectations & hold people to account
- Expect high standards, challenge poor performance; provide constructive feedback and put improvement plans in place
- Drive improvements in productivity and efficiency daily though appropriate workload management and monitoring
- Establish best practice working processes, ensuring all processes are in place, maintained and complied with.
- Drive the delivery of quality standards, ensuring all work is defect free.
- Ensure all testing equipment is maintained and functional.
- Actively manage and takes personal responsibility for high risk jobs
- Ensure right first assembly to our customer requirements and of our tooling to our customers within our current agile delivery process.
- Develop, led and manage continuous improvement projects to optimise productivity and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the H&S within the area, and supporting to ensure best practice is in place
- Drive a culture of 5S standards across the site, ensuring standards are clear and maintained.
- Challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for improvement in current processes.
- Drive efficiencies and optimises resources
- Encourage others to embrace change, leading by example
- Act with both internal and external customers in mind
- Work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Support the resolution of customer issues ensuring issue do not reoccur and remedial actions are taken
Requirements & Competencies
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role, with a track record in building strong production teams and delivering quality product to an international client base.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Studies
- Experience of leading and developing a high performing team, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience in a production driven environment such as manufacturing, engineering, logistics or FMCG.
- Experience / qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects
- A highly effective communicator and motivator
- Ability to drive collaboration with multiple stakeholders and encourage cross departmental working
- Highly organised with the ability to plan, manage multiple tasks and deal with ad hoc events.
- Experience working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to drive and maintain high levels of quality, creating a culture where by standards are continuously being raised
- Capable of working on own initiative and making decisions
- Ability to listen carefully and assimilate information quickly, and communicate in an engaging manner.
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and deal with challenging situation