Reporting into the Assembly and Testing function with a dotted line to the Technical Customer Support and Service function, this role will have three main accountabilities:
- To provide maintenance to our range of blister packaging test machinery that exists within TechLab to ensure that each and every machine is validated and operational for conducting customer Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT’s) at all times;
- To conduct customer FAT’S by installing and validating Prodieco’s tooling products on our testing machines to ensure fit and functionality of tooling to machine and customer specification.
- To provide customer on-site project implementation for Site Acceptance Testing (SAT’s) of Prodieco’s tooling products. International travel will be a requirement of this role.
- Plans and conducts planned preventative maintenance to ensure that all blister packaging machines are in running condition at all times;
- Ensures that machines are available for conducting FAT’s as per the FAT schedule and troubleshoots and repairs machinery as necessary;
- Commission’s new machinery as and when required and gets them fully operational within a minimal period of time;
- Conducts customer FAT’S to validate tooling to project specification as per the FAT schedule and works cross departmentally to troubleshoot and resolve fit and functionality issues to meet project deadlines;
- Installs, configures and commissions new or modified Prodieco products at customer’s facility (SAT) to ensure full functionality according to specifications when required;
- Provides customer on-site project implementation by troubleshooting, training, and customer support services and validates our product functionality and performance against the project deliverables;
- Coordinates problem resolution with customer and also Prodieco personnel to expedite repairs as and when required;
- Provides a communication link between the customer and Prodieco to help ensure that effective commissioning service is provided to the customer and ensures that Prodieco is alerted of all exceptions and/or events that might affect project deliverables.
- Excellent Customer facing skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong engineering, electrical and programing skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent technical problem solving and fault finding skills.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings
- Ability to work independently, with minimum direction and in pressure situations
- Ability to self-direct and self-motivate
- Strong communication skills through generation of reports
- The post will require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service to Prodieco’s customer base
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in English language
- Diploma in mechanical engineering, with electrical proficiency or comparable degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with packaging line equipment, preferably in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with electro/mechanical control equipment.
- Understanding and troubleshooting machine related PLC programs.