Budgeting – devises annual and monthly departmental budgets, produces forecasts based on historical information and future projections and measure and reports on variances to target. Works with budget holders on initiatives to remedy these variances.
Financial Accounting – oversees the completion of all periodic financial accounting, management reporting and Payroll requirements on time, accurate and complete.
Management Accounts – Designs, develops and maintains good systems & processes for reporting and control. Develops dashboards, metrics and reports that provides analysis and insight to enable better financial planning and decision making by the Board of Directors
Cost Management – continuously evaluates and reviews spending within the organisation for opportunities for improvement. Proactive with budget holders in identifying areas for cost improvement within the operation and develops and delivers a programme of cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to deliver bottom line improvements.
Capital discipline –supports the decision making process regarding capital by providing Return on Investment and Cost/Benefit Analysis information.
Data integrity – ensures appropriate measures are taken to maintain integrity and confidentiality of financial information.
People Management – leads and manages direct reports, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools and support to perform in their roles.
IT –Supports the implementation of an IT strategy that supports business continuity and resource enablement. Provides support and direction to the IT team.
Administration – provides day to day supervision of the Administration and Facilities functions.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with evidence of CPD
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a commercial Finance function PQE, with knowledge of/prior experience of working in SME sector with turnovers of +€25m
- Experience of working with a manufacturing organisation
- Technical knowledge of Irish GAAP and IRFS Strong commercial acumen with keen analytical skills
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability
- Production and interpretation of management accounts.
- Hands on, can work in the detail and also take a more strategic view
- Strong evidence of delivering results in cost management and profitability improvements
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and nonfinancial managers and colleagues.
- Communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
- Proven ability to manage or supervise people
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills.