Job purpose: TheLogistics Coordinator will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all logistical activities on shipments to customers and inbound shipments.
Key duties/responsibilities of Logistics and Office Coordinator:
- Prepares documentation, maintains records, and coordinates logistics for product shipment.
- Leads communications within the Shipping/Receiving area. Schedules and Coordinates both domestic and International freight forwarder transactions.
- Ensures freight forwarders are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery.
- Maintains Shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information to customers and also to the required Prodieco personnel on request.
- Prepares Shipping paperwork as well as completes shipping transaction in appropriate systems.
- Coordinates Returned Material Authorization (RMA) process with Customers, including issuing RMA numbers.
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to prepare boxes with appropriate labels for shipment as required and carry out the required training of Prodieco staff on these procedures.
- Communicates status of Shipping/Receiving activities to appropriate personnel. May train new hires. / other staff who may support.
- Generate shipping output documents as required.
- Coordinate the shipping of freight by contacting appropriate freight carriers.
- Communicate shipping volumes and priorities closely with the Operations Manager on a daily basis
- Shop for rates for prepaid shipments to ensure that we are achieving the best possible freight rates.
- Formally document new or changed procedures. Identify who requires training and execute training if needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current international import/export regulatory requirements. Update applicable standard operating procedures as necessary.
- Effectively lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action to resolve customer-related shipping issues.
Key skills and qualifications required:
- The Logistics and Office Coordinator will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- It is essential to have knowledge of international import and export regulatory procedures with regards to paperwork requirements.
- It is essential to have a proven track record and knowledge of shipping to the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China)
- It is essential to have a sound understanding of commercial enterprise and be familiar with basic accounting.
- You must have good reasoning skills and be able to analyse data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role.
- As the Logistics Coordinator is customer facing, excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong negotiations skills are also needed and the ability to influence others.
- You will be required to work with industry standard computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.