Responsibility for the day to day management of the manufacturing cells as agreed. Providing leadership, direction and technical support to the operators, and also working closely with programing and design to ensure the inputs to the process are correct. The Manufacturing Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring the end customer is satisfied with the quality and delivery of work into the next area.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will report to the Head of Manufacturing.
- Responsible for hitting the daily KPIs within the cell regarding productivity and quality. Some of these areas will be manufacturing machining cells and some will be more manual labour production
- Responsible for the engagement of the team ensuring staff are being motivated to hit targets and drive continuous improvement on a daily basis
- Problem solving within the cell, and making decisions in a timely manner
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained to the highest levels
- Ensure run time on machines is to the required levels, downtime is minimal
- Ensure staff are trained to the required level and also cross trained for cover
- Ensure the operators have the required tooling, equipment and materials to do the job to the highest standard
- Lead the H&S and 5S standards within the area
- Responsible for leading and co-ordinating of the day to day work of a team
- Actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement in the area
- Review staff within team in line with Prodieco’s performance management system addressing any quality issues and performance issues that may arise
- With the Head of Manufacturing, set KPIs for the individuals within the department related to performance and quality and ensure these are managed accordingly
- Ensure year on year improvements with regards to labour utilisation and budget spend
Key Skills and Personal Attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing and experience in various different cells, ideally in a CNC manufacturing, or manufacturing in a machine based environment.
- An ability to lead and motivate team
- High level of drive
- Demonstrable experience of CI and driving improvements in the areas
- Good team player, approachable, and works well with others
- Resource planning & control
- Ability to maintain high levels of quality
- Good collaborator, ability to work well with other departments
- Capable of working on own initiative and making decisions
- Ability to listen carefully and assimilate information quickly
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and deal with challenging situations
Prodieco is an equal opportunities employer.