We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as Operations Director. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Director will lead our Design, Planning, Manufacturing, Assembly & Test and Quality Departments. Working in a world class manufacturing facility, and with the latest technologies, equipment and software, it is the responsibility of the Operations Director to set the Operations Strategy whilst optimising the day to day operation through leading and developing their team.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key deliverables
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyse key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operation to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Lead, motivate and develop the Operations Management Team through driving a high performing culture and ensuring succession for key roles.
- Responsible for driving Engagement and Enablement across the Operation
- Responsible for the management of the annual Operations’ financial budgets and overall cost control.
- Maximise efficiency, productivity and continuous improvement through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures and all legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership team to develop future strategies for the wider business.
- Manage customer expectations where needed, ensuring a continued supply of high quality products to the customer, ensuring any potential issues are always managed and resolved efficiently.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in an Operations Management/Senior Leadership position ideally with an engineering background
- Experience of leading and developing large teams, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience / qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects.
- High problem solving capabilities.
- A highly effective communicator and motivator
- Experience working in a high paced dynamic environment
Primary degree qualification in a science, engineering or production management.