At Prodieco we are dedicated to designing & manufacturing high performance Blister Tooling and advanced engineering solutions for the pharmaceutical industry.
Quality, precision and a passion to exceed our customers’ expectations, drives everything we do.
Our ethos is simple: there is always a better way. You will see this in our continuous drive for internal process improvement but more importantly in the dedication to enhance every tool design to produce the perfect blister pack.
Pride, dedication and an unwavering commitment to perfection are at the heart of what we do.
When you join us at our home in Cookstown, you are joining some of the most talented craftspeople and engineers in the world. We are looking for people who will help shape the next chapter of the Prodieco story. From the engineering design office to the workshop floor, we are a close team united by one desire: working to provide a service that is second to none. Our passion inspires people to join, and makes them want to stay.
We look for hard-working team players who are responsible, honest and able to be creative when faced with challenge. Crafting our world renowned tooling requires flawless attention to detail, which should follow through in everything that you do. To help you achieve your best, we provide many ways for you to develop and grow, supported by an attractive benefits package and a great working environment.
Our production facility operates as an exemplar of LEAN manufacturing in operation. From material sourcing and selection to high speed engineering equipment, the pursuit excellence run through our operations.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, driven, people manager; to lead Prodieco’s state of the art Assembly & Testing Facility.
This facility is a standalone site and is responsible for assembling our product in line with production schedules our exacting quality standards.
This role also oversees our state of the art testing facility and supports customer FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests).
Leading a team of 20 employees, this role will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing, and will work closely with other department managers, to ensure Prodieco delivers high quality products and services to our global customer base.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for activities across our Assembly and Testing functions, providing direction and leadership to a team of 20.
- Lead and coordinate a varied team, including Toolmakers, Fitters, Test Engineers and Despatch coordinators, by providing clear targets, objectives and support.
- Give clear direction ensuring productivity and quality targets are being delivered daily
- Anticipate and understand the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Drive a quality culture through action, investigation and close-out of quality issues
- Expect high standards, challenge poor performance.
- Implement plans with commitment, insistence and discipline
- Actively support company initiatives and direction
- Engage the team in a collective vision, providing clarity, and direction
- Take a systematic approach to creating a high performing team
- Ensure the team are informed through regular, appropriate communication. Create opportunities for feedback and discussion
- Ensure the team are enabled and have the tools, direction and skills required to do carry out their role to the standards required.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration by working closely with the other departments
- Identify and support, individual and team training & development needs
- Develop and deliver a training and development plan to support the team to achieve their potential; providing on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment, encouraging high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit
- Manage the Assembly and Testing Function, associated processes and team by leading and co-ordinating the day to day work of a team
- Plan, co coordinate and track tool test schedules, ensuring adherence to standards & processes
- Deliver the objectives set for the department. Set the targets, goals and objectives for the department, establishing appropriate KPI’s
- Set clear expectations & hold people to account
- Drive improvements in productivity and efficiency daily though appropriate workload management and monitoring
- Establish best practice working processes, ensuring all processes are in place, maintained and complied with.
- Drive the delivery of quality standards, ensuring all work is defect free.
- Ensure all testing equipment is maintained and functional.
- Actively manage and takes personal responsibility for high risk jobs
- Ensure right first assembly to our customer requirements and of our tooling to our customers within our current agile delivery process.
- Develop, lead and manage continuous improvement projects to optimise productivity and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the H&S within the area, and supporting to ensure best practice is in place
- Drive a culture of 5S standards across the site, ensuring standards are clear and maintained.
- Challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for improvement in current processes.
- Drive efficiencies and optimises resources
- Encourage others to embrace change, leading by example
- Act with both internal and external customers in mind
- Work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Support the resolution of customer issues ensuring issue do not reoccur and remedial actions are taken
Requirements & Competencies
- 5 + years’ experience in an operations role, with a track record of managing diverse teams.
- Experience in a production driven environment such as manufacturing, engineering, logistics or FMCG essential.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Studies an advantage
- Experience of leading and developing a high performing team, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience / qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects
- A highly effective communicator and motivator
- Ability to drive collaboration with multiple stakeholders and encourage cross departmental working
- Highly organised with the ability to plan, manage multiple tasks and deal with ad hoc events.
- Experience working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to drive and maintain high levels of quality, creating a culture where by standards are continuously being raised
- A self-starter capable of working on own initiative and making decisions
- Ability to listen carefully and assimilate information quickly, and communicate in an engaging manner.
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and deal with challenging situation
- Proven ability to execute and achieve individual & team KPI’s via performance management