Reporting into the Financial Controller, the primary role is to support the Financial Controller in meeting all deadlines and ensure that finance is supporting the business as efficiently as possible.
The Financial Accountant performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Financial accounting and reporting
• Maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
• Prepare and file VAT returns.
• Responsible for CSO returns.
• Manage monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with organisational requirements.
• Maintenance of the general ledger and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable.
• Develop and maintain fixed asset register, ensuring the recording of acquisition, depreciation and disposal is captured appropriately.
• Working individually and with team to generate efficiency in the use of finance- related IT systems, utilising the ERP and other available systems to their full potential.
• Support with the preparation of the annual audit file.
• Assist in the preparation the annual budget and the variance analyse during the year.
• Develop reporting to support all departments to become more efficient. ( Cost saving analysis)
• Supporting various project to improve business performance.
• Implementation of cost accounting reporting to improve gross margin analysis.
The Financial Accountant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) 0- 3 years PQE
• Excellent communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
• Experience of working in manufacturing environment would be preferred.
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Self-motivation with drive to progress within the department.